Amazfit is the wearable brand you might not have heard of but take note, its new band features a curved AMOLED screen. The Amazfit X looks like it could redefine the smartwatch market.
We don’t normally cover crowdfunding for technology; the vast majority don’t end up being made or simply only get sent to backers. However, we’ve reviewed a number of Amazfit devices like the Amazfit GTS and the X is not to be ignored.
We’ve seen similar devices like the Nubia Alpha but while it only got two stars in our review, the Amazfit X might actually execute the idea properly.
The smartwatch went live on Indiegogo yesterday and has already hit, at the time of writing, a whopping 1444% of its £16,098 goal. That means £232,599 has been pledged by 1,837 backers and there’s still 30 days left.
Amazfit is asking just £120 or $149 for the Amazfit X as part of the crowdfunding campaign. That’s more than half the RRP of £265 or $329 and includes free shipping globally.
It’s estimated that the Amazfit X will start shipping to customers in August 2020.
We can see why with the Amazfit X’s futuristic 2.07-inch curved AMOLED display inside a titanium alloy uni-body. It’s also got a ‘Huami self-developed BioTracker PPG’ optical sensor, and the promise of a 7-day ‘uninterrupted usage’ on a single charge.
That screen is the main headline feature of course and has a 92° curvature to fit your wrist along with a crisp 326ppi pixel density (matching Apple’s Retina quality), 400 nits of brightness and 100% NTSC color saturation.
With no physical buttons, the firm says users can “complete the operation through the force-sensing button on the right side of the watch.”
To support the design, the Amazfit X has a 3-segment-motherboard as well as a 200mAh curved lithium battery.
Other features include a SpO2 sensor which can measure oxygen levels or oxygen saturation in your blood, built-in GPS and 5ATM water resistance. Full specs are below:
- Screen – 2.07-inch flexible color AMOLED screen, 206×640, 326ppi
- Size – 55.4 x 22.8 x 13.6 mm
- Weight – 39g with short wrist strap
- Color – Eclipse Black, New Moon Gold
- Connectivity – GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors -PPG Optical HRM Sensor, SpO2 Sensor, 6-axis IMU, Ambient Light Sensor
- Lens Materials – Corning Gorilla 3 tempered glass and anti-fingerprint coating
- Strap Size – 22mm
- Body Materials – TC4 Titanium alloy
- Strap Materials – Fluororubber
- Waterproof – 5ATM
- Battery Life – 200mAh, up to 7 days
- Package – Magnetic charging stand, Replaceable long wrist strap, user manual
- Sports Modes – 9 sports modes
- 24-hour Heart Rate Monitoring – Yes
- Smart Notifications – Yes